Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just around the corner...

yours truly scoping out the flavors of the day



Lookey lookey what I found on a walk the other day during lunch time. I have heard all about this little gem of a pink truck in my DailyCandy, but have yet to see it in person...until now! I practically went running towards the pink-mobile I was that excited.


If you know me you know I love all things sweet...no really ALL things sweet, but my sweet tooth most certainly leans the most towards sugary sweet cupcakes. Be still my heart. Speaking of, and not to take away from these cupcakes but if you live in the DC area and have not yet tried Georgetown cupake, then you must drop everything (really everything) and take your bootie to Georgetown STAT!


I digress I know...I just get oh so excited about cupcakes!


So back to the pink mobile...it was pink as pink can be and smelled like a little piece of heaven. Inside the pink mobile was the most delicious flavors - cookies and cream, red velvet (their signature) and vanilla! YUM! Basically how it works is that Curbside Cupcake is a mobile truck of cupcake goodness that travels around the DC area and makes a handful of stops across the day - and the kicker is that in order to find the truck you need to follow twitter or facebook to see the truck's next stop...cool,, huh?



The man behind the truck could not have been nicer - I could've chatted him up all day (if you know me you are just rolling your eyes thinking, yes you most certainly could and would)...the business was started with himself, one other guy and his fiance, who does the tweeting and the facebook. I melted right then and there when he started mentioning his fiance....cupcakes and true love...my heart was swooning out of control.


Anyways, if you ever happen to be in DC...look up Curbside cupcake and scope out their daily flavors!

you know I will be looking up the pink mobiles next stop soon...in fact I think they already posted for tomorrow...please oh please Union Station

No comments:

Post a Comment