Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Good Morning Sunshine

image via here

Let me explain my work set up. At my non-profit the majority of the office functions on an open floor plan (ie...the worst idea ever) where no one really has an office, but instead we sit in cubicle land. My desk mate and I (I can call her that because we sit about 5 ft from one another) can hear everything the other one says, when we are on the phone we can practically hear what the person on the other end is saying. You get my point - we sit close! Aside from that my cubicle is affectionately placed near the only bathrooms on my floor so I get a whole lot of visitors. I deal with it pretty well for I am a self-proclaimed chatty cathy and can small talk with the best of them, and in the morning I often revert to part-time greeter by wishing everyone a "good morning".

This morning as one of my co-workers walks by I say "good morning sunshine" to which she responds good morning etc...well next thing I know another co-worker walks past my desk and says the following...

"Did you just call her sunshine? That sort of name is for strippers"

Yep, that is what he honestly said to me. I couldn't help but smile and giggle...all while thinking, he can't really thinking I was giving her a nickname of sunshine, can he?


On that note....I am wishing you all a Good Morning Sunshine!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment