Friday, September 25, 2009

And so it begins....

I just created my blog while sitting at my desk cleverly disguising my fretting over my header, font colors, and pictures as actual work (Fridays are supposed to be easy days at the office, right?). I have to tell you I am just brimming with excitement to enter the blogging world. I have been reading along and religiously following so many of your lovely blogs and have officially been inspired. Now that I have started, I am a bit overwhelmed. There is so much to learn about headers, and layouts, and gadgets (I was initially afraid to click on the gadget button - I thought this must be a whole can of worms I am not quite ready for :)...so please bear with me as I struggle to figure out this whole new world of blogging!



I suppose it would only be approriate for me to start by introducing myself to you all...



I live in Washington, DC and work on the hill...no not for a Senator, but for a non-profit interior design association. I am originally from Pennsylvania, so a northern girl (but I swear I have a big heaping dose of southern in me too). I went to school at James Madison University and studied Psychology and Interior Design.



While at JMU I met the love of my life - Mr.President ( a nickname he earned in college when I would tease him for being his Fraternity's president). I met him while studying in the library (sounds nerdy, I know). I was a bit of bookworm in college and could've been found at the library just about any hour of the day, unless of course I was in class. Ms.Goody-too-shoes back then. Mr.President was a frequent library goer as well, but I have a sneaking suspicion he was there to scope out the fraternity/sorority scene more than hitting the books. We have been dating for a little over 4 years and let me tell you what a roller coaster that has been. Don't get me wrong I have adored every moment, but for the last 3 years we have been long distance, him in Philadelphia, me in DC. Over the last 3 years I have grown oh too accustomed to the 3 hour drive up and down 95 - however we survived and I am now thrilled to tell you that he just moved to the district!



Currently Mr.President is temporarily living with me until he finds his own place - so we are stumbling through the obstacles of getting adjusted to living in the same room. It is most certainly a blessing, but does not come without its challenges.



Let's see, what else should I tell you....



I love all things weddings - ALL things bridal! Now rest assured I am not one of those over-zealous girls who is already planning my wedding (I am far to picky and indecisive for that!), but instead have a burning passion for all the gorgeous details of the big day. I would LOVE to plan weddings in the future...my own wedding aside, I just want to plan and me immersed in all the fabulous, small and big details. I find myself lost in wedding blogs and websites for hours on end and wonder where the time went.



My favorite site is Style Me Pretty - the hours I have spent at that website is surely unhealthy.



Aside from weddings my other passion (if we can call it that) is for FOOD! Seriously, I love food! Beyond just enjoying food, I have a hearty appetite to boot. I can (and often do) eat Mr.President under the table. It is a constant joke around my office that if there is food that I not only a) know about it, but b) was most likely first in line to get said food, and c) and am already up getting seconds. I am not exaggerating when I tell you this girl can eat. However, I do not, repeat can not eat one thing in particular - salads. I hate salads There is just nothing about a salad I like - unless it is covered in cheese, bacon bits, fattening salad dressing, and has yummy chicken resembling chicken tenders atop it. I have to force myself to eat a salad, and when I do I assure you I am not enjoying it. I make efforts to eat healthy from time to time, but often end up eating something an hour later because I am not satisfied. If you have any good salad recipes, fabulous dressings etc. to try, please pass them my way. I am trying to keep an open palate....



I am certain I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of an adequate about me post, but I promise to keep posting.



I look forward to continuing to follow all of you through your blogs and hope that I can create even a pinch as interesting of material for you all to follow.



In the meantime, I am off to research templates and headers and gadgets, oh my!

1 comment:

  1. good- another blog that will distract while "working"

    ReplyDelete