Friday, October 9, 2009

“The boat was actually Plan C. The church was Plan B. And Plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago. Pretty much the day I met her.”


Happy Friday!

Since starting this blog of mine I haven’t been very good at posting daily (although my 3 followers probably don’t mind much)! I need to get into a rhythm and post more regularly…that and steal the laptop back from Mr. President for a bit at night to post!

I woke up this morning full of energy and practically skipping to work – no really I was. I had my iPod on the whole metro ride and was tapping my foot and singing along (probably to the unhappiness of my fellow riders). I couldn’t help it…every song that came on made me want to get up and boogie. I even found myself happy to be alone in the elevator so I could do a few dance moves. Really, I stood in the elevator getting jiggy with it…who does that?

I attribute my good mood to.....


1) The weather is gorgeous in DC…have to love a high of 83 in October!



High: 83 Low: 67 Mostly Sunny







2) TGIF! (which for me means I get to leave work an hour early and the office is quiet)

















3) The Office Wedding last night!

Now if you know me you know I am not a big Office fan, or well really I have only watched a handful of episodes ever, but when I do watch I am usually laughing my hiney off…that and it has always conflicted with Grey’s. However, last night I have to say I committed the cardinal sin of jumping on the bandwagon and watching the Wedding episode (when Grey’s had a commercial of course)…and I was laughing out loud, when of course I wasn’t tearing up. Yes of course I only really wanted to watch because it was the wedding episode (obsessed much, right?), but I was pleasantly surprised. I LOVED the episode! I loved Jim’s rehearsal dinner speech – so precious!

But my favorite part had to be the dance down the aisle! Oh, I swoon!! Now I know Chris Brown is not our favorite person these days for obvious reasons, but I still like the song and I LOVED the precious couple’s YouTube video dancing down the aisle. Seriously, I could watch that on repeat all day and not get tired of it. I LOVE it! The Office version was just as good! So cute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0 (clearly I am not yet up on technology and how you upload the youtube video to a post, bare with me!)

I think it is so cute when a couple makes a wedding their own and adds personal touches – whether it be with sweet table centerpieces of places they’ve traveled, or pictures of them etc…or with a great first dance song! I think it makes a wedding to have those little or big touches that show the couples personalities. I just loved the show on TLC, which I think is no longer, Rock the Reception…I am sad it is no more.


Anyways, that is enough gushing for the morning! Here’s hoping the weather is lovely where you are and that you have a wonderful weekend ahead of you!

TGIF!


No comments:

Post a Comment